Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Miscellany Monday - Cooking, Lost, Three Day Weekends, and Who's in My Bed

I thought this one sounded like fun, and I'm sure your dying to know what's new with me, so here's a few random things!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1) I spent most of Sunday in the kitchen, but I've got three meals made for this week, and baked cookies! I made Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas (put half in the fridge for dinner tonight, and half in the freezer for dinner another time), meatloaf, and chicken noodle soup. Oh and lets not forget Spaghetti with Italian Sausage for dinner that night. Are you proud of me? You should be!

2) I did not watch the Lost Finale. Ok, pick your jaw up off of the floor. I was way into Lost the first few seasons, but after my little angel babe came along, I had to cut back on my DVR time, and this is one of the shows that didn't make the cut. I was kinda over it after the fourth season anyway. I tried to follow it in the fifth, but it required just a little too much brain function. I prefer shows that don't make me think so much! I don't care who's behind the black smoke, what's up with Jacob's cabin, or whether Jack and Kate will be together forever.

3) I am super excited for the three day weekend ahead! Rick's actually got three days off in a row (unbelievable!!) and we're having two couples and their kids over for a BBQ on Sunday. We're all chipping in for a Bounce House for our kids, just because! The kiddos don't know it, so they will be pretty excited! We were going to get a new kiddie pool for them to play in, but since it's supposed to be in the 60s this weekend (ok what's up with that So Cal???), water play is no bueno. Now it's time to go shop for some new patio furniture!!

4) I gave in and let the boy get in bed with us on Saturday and Sunday and got to sleep in till 8 am both days! Wow!! This is unheard of in my house, and of course now I'm going to have to give in all the time! Not so fun when he comes in at 5 am and I have to get up at 6 am. No going back to sleep for me! :(

What have you been up to?

3 comments:

NorCalMom said...

Doesn't it feel great knowing you have meals in your freezer? I am very proud of you, and you got to bake cookies too!

I also did not watch the Lost finale, they lost me a couple of seasons ago. It just took too much effort to try and follow along.

Looks like NorCal is also getting cooler weather and perhaps rain this weekend. My daughter's graduation/pool party may change to a pizza/movie party. Oh well. The kids will have fun either way.

Have a great week!

carissa said...

thanks so much for joining in the miscellany!!! i ditto you on the lost thing. i gave up on it a few seasons back and from the sounds of the finale, i'm glad i did. yay for getting good sleep and a 3 day weekend ahead! happy monday!

Katie said...

OMG! Thank you so much for telling me I was on the lettered cottage. I just ran threw the house screaming!!! My boys now think I am crazy but that really isn't any different from any other day! Thanks again for telling me.
OH and how in the world to you get your son to sleep in til 8!!! teach me your ways. We are a 5:30 am house here.