Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Monday, June 28, 2010

When Did He Grow up?

AWE n. 1.A mixed emotion of reverence, respect, dread, and wonder inspired by authority, genius, great beauty, sublimity, or might

I am in AWE of how fast the past two and a half years have gone. My son started preschool today. He cried. Well, actually, he screamed. I could hear him screaming as I walked across the courtyard to my office. It made me cry (just a little).

I'm told the crying lasted only a few minutes. Since I work for the church on the same campus, I got to watch him walking to and from the playground with his class (I wanted to take pictures, but was afraid he might see me). He had the biggest smile on his face when I picked him up, and he was all giggly in the car on the way home. I am so proud of him for being such a big boy, and yet, so sad that he's such a big boy. I know this is only the first in many of these types of milestones, so I'm holding on for the ride!

Hope you enjoy our little mini photo shoot for my baby's first day of preschool...



I asked him to sit up for his photos, he told me "No Mama, I want to sit like this."
Ok, Mr. Big Independant Preschooler!





Today I'm linking up with Alysha for her last Mono Monday challenge. I love reading Alysha's blog and looking at her photos - she's an amazing photographer, and a sweetheart to boot!

8 comments:

NorCalMom said...

Very cute photos, love that smile! They grow up so fast it seems to just happen overnight. Enjoy the moment.

PS ( I cried when I dropped my daughter off on her first day of high school. Not sure why it was so emotional for me, but it sure was.)

Cheryl D. said...

He's such a cutie! I remember my daughter's first day of preschool. The moms were crying more than the kids, I think! LOL!

Lana said...

omg I dont even want to think of my babys first day of preschool! Id be balling! He is so cute! He might not have sat up but the picture is perfect.

Kelli said...

Awwwww...I love the kissie one!!! Hopefully tomorrow is a little easier! Psst, by the way, about my TarJay post...I love them too, just slightly annoyed and wanted to complain, but they still hold my heart ;-)

NorCalMom said...

I have two awards for you, so stop by when you have a chance and pick them up.

Tylaine said...

Oh how adorable! Those are beautiful pictures. Your son has such a wonderful smile! I love the one of you kissing him :)

Rachel said...

He is too cute!! I love it!

:)

Stylist A said...

awww. you are too sweet Kristin! Thanks so much for linking up with Mono Monday and for all that your write and picture. You are an amazing mom and person and I hope to get to know you better. This blog world is big and amazing and I am so glad to have gotten the chance to meet you! keep taking pictures! <3